October 31, 2020
- Information we collect
- How we use and share collected information
- Your choices with our personal information uses
- Changes to this policy
- California Consumer Disclosure
1. Information we collect
We provide a platform for our clients to collect personal information. We offer multiple ways for our clients to use the Services, including when you complete a check-in survey, register for an account, send us emails, or engage in our website or mobile application. The information we may collect from you through these processes is:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Survey responses, which may include health-related information
On occasion, we may also ask you or an employer to provide us with information about another person and their contact information, such as with a multi-person business site check-in. In such an instance, we will treat the other person's information in accordance with this policy.
We automatically collect information about you when you interact with our website, mobile application or through our communications. We use various tools to measure website or mobile app activity, which may include the use of pixel tags and cookies or mobile ad IDs to identify you on other websites or apps. In addition, we send email updates, and may collect information about your interaction with our emails or SMS. Specifically, we collect the following pieces of information through these interactions:
- IP addresses
- Website or mobile app visit analytics such as pages viewed, time spent on site, and referral URLs
- Cookie or mobile advertising IDs
- Email opens and click-throughs that will be associated with an email address
- SMS unique URL click-throughs may be associated with a phone number.
- Location-based information: For web visitors, this may be inherent in a site-specific online check-in form. For mobile app users, we will ask for your permission to capture your mobile location and will only use this information to authenticate or otherwise process your business site-specific check-in. To be clear, the Safe Site app is not used for persistent tracking of users location information, nor to assist with tracking users for public health monitoring.
2. How we use and share collected information
We use personal information in order to;
- Enable our clients to complete a check-in survey or otherwise validate entry into specific businesses or locations.
- Enable our clients to communicate with you through email, SMS or phone related to an authentication or validation effort, or potentially to alert you about important updates.
- Enable our clients to comply with health authorities’ guidelines, and/or communicate with health authorities regarding information collected through Safe Site check-ins.
- Personalize or otherwise improve our website, applications and services.
We use various service providers to assist with the Services. In each of these instances, we require that these service providers do not use your personal information for any other purpose. These service providers include:
- Email or SMS communications
- Website or mobile app creation and hosting
- Website and mobile analytics, including Google
- Survey tools
- Online advertising or search optimization
We will not sell, rent or share your personal information with third parties for their own uses without your express consent. However, there are occasions we may share personal information for a designated business purpose, including:
- If we work with a client or partner to jointly promote our business check-in services or mobile app. In such an event, we will treat the sharing of information the same as with our service providers.
- Through the use of proprietary links, pixel tags and cookies served by social media or potentially advertising services.
- With a parent company or any divisions, subsidiaries or corporate affiliates of Safe Site.
- If we are compelled by law to do so, such as through a subpoena or court order.
- If it is required as part of a business transaction where Safe Site or any subsidiary is acquired.
We may share aggregated information that does not identify any personal information, such as the number of check-ins, surveys completed, registrations, app downloads, website visitors, or inquiries with current or potential clients or partners.
3. Your choices with our personal information uses
As a service provider, we recommend that you contact our clients rather than Safe Site if you would like access to the information we are processing about you on our clients behalf. In most cases, a business or site-specific request you may have for Safe Site to provide you with specific pieces of information will be redirected to the client for them to respond directly to you. However, if it is unrelated to a specific client or business check-in, you may contact us at any time and request the following choices with our use of your personal information:
- Access. We can provide you with the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Opt-Out. If you have received a commercial email from us, you will have the option to opt-out or unsubscribe with instructions provided in the email itself.
- Deletion. You can request that we delete any information about you, unless we are required by contract or law to retain it.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time.
Safe Site is located in the United States, and will process personal information in the U.S. If you are visiting this website from outside the U.S., then by providing us with your personal information you are consenting to the transfer of that information to the U.S.
We conduct due diligence on all our personal information service providers, and require them to have adequate security protections in place. If Safe Site processes your personal information on our own systems or servers, we will also put in place mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access or disclosures. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security.
We will retain your personal information as long as we consider it relevant in order to maintain a relationship with you, our clients or as required by law. As noted above, you can request we delete your information at any time.
5. Changes to this policy
If we change this policy, we will post an update on our home page and/or mobile app. If the change involves something substantially different from our current policy, we will post the update in advance of the change taking place and send an email to everyone subscribed to our email updates.
You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Safe Site Check In, LLC
PO Box 1818
Lafayette, CA 94549
7. California Consumer Disclosure
|Categories of Personal Information||Name, email address, postal address, phone number, general or specific location data, cookie and mobile identifiers.|
|Purposes for collection and use of Personal Information||We collect personal information to facilitate business site-specific check-ins or other business services.|
|Categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected||Websites and mobile applications.|
|Categories of Personal Information we sell||We do not sell personal information.|
|Categories of Third Parties to whom Personal Information is sold||We do not sell personal information.|
|Categories of third parties to whom information was shared for a business purpose||Communications, web and mobile application service providers.|
|California Consumer Rights & Options|
|Access or Delete Your Personal Information||Complete your rights by emailing us at email@example.com (please include "Attn: Privacy" in the subject line) or contact our business Client.|